Tuesday, May 22, 2007

APPRECIATION OF THE EXPERIENCE OF CREATING AND MAINTAINING A BLOG


My experience with the blog was a bit scary at first, but at the end it was more than ok. Not knowing much about IT, I thought it would be hard to build a blog, write ten articles, insert a blogroll and, at the end, make sure there would be at least 2 kinds of tools in it.

Nevertheless, I was proud to open my computer one day to find out that my blog really looks good. Luckily, there was enough information on the web to build a blog. It did not cost me any money and all the steps to build the blog were really easy to follow. Looking at my fellow classmate’s blogs, I do realize that a blog is very personal. As a matter of fact, my articles were most of the time about IT or IS, but one way or another, it was about technologies and what I thought about it. I guess that the hard part was maintaining my blog with articles related to what we’ve talked about in class ADSI-6601: Management Information Systems; Managing the Digital Firm1; Information Technology in businesses, Information System in the Enterprises, Windows Technology, Digital Firms, Ethical and Social Issues and so on. Everything was new to me. Also, within my articles, I did learn a lot. Especially, trends in electronics, big IT companies, and most of all, how IT and IS could have important impact on decision making.
JC

I hope that people will start sending comments about my articles and my blog as well.
__________________________________
1. Kenneth C. Laudon and Jane P. Laudon, Management Information Systems; Managing the Digital Firm, Ninth Edition, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2006

No comments: